Biotropika Beer Mile
AT THE END OF THE EVENING THE BEST COSTUMES AMONG MEN'S, WOMEN'S AND CHILDREN WAS CHOSEN!
1. In the transit zone, the competitor drinks a can of beer, runs 400m, then drinks a second can, runs 400m again, drinks a third can, runs a third 400m, drinks the last, fourth can and tries to run the finishing 400m.
2. Beer must be drunk before the start of the circle in the transit zone, which is a corridor with a length of 10 m.
3. On Biotropika Beer Mile, women also drink four cans of beer in four rounds.
4. Competitors are not allowed to use their own cans or bottles which may give an advantage.
5. Beer cans must not be pierced.
6. The use of straws or other aids for faster drinking is not allowed.
7. The strength of beer must be at least 5%. The use of beer drinks, cocktails and cider is not allowed.
9. Beer cannot be opened outside the transit area. This rule applies to every round.
10. If the participant has not coped with vomiting before the finish, he is given one penalty loop immediately after the completion of the fourth, finishing, circle.
11. For the record holders: the competitor running the Biotropika Beer Mile for the official record must turn over each can to prove that it is empty.
Beer mile world record holder Lewis Kent has published a book on beer racing, A World Champion's Guide to Running the Beer Mile.
Before the start, Lewis always wears gloves with rubberized fingers and palm. This is necessary to quickly unscrew the covers. It can be difficult to open with a sweaty hand.